NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

OINK! No.33 cover up for auction


This was the first cover I drew for a professional mainstream comic. Tom Thug leading the charge for the School's Out themed issue of Oink! No.33, way back in 1987. I've had it filed away for years but now I've put it up for auction on eBay, along with several other items from past comics. 

Mark Rodgers, one of Oink's editors, suggested the idea of Tom and a gang of rough kids crashing through the gates. As a relative newcomer at the time, and with a style that was still quite raw, I felt honoured to be asked to draw a cover (especially one featuring a character I'd created) so I enjoyed going to town illustrating it. 

As you can see, the Oink! cover has a plastic overlay which carries the masthead, date, and topline, so the artwork underneath is free of any titles (apart from the 'School's Out' logo and all the graffiti which I lettered onto the artwork itself).

This will be the last set of pages I'll be putting on eBay this year, so all bids are welcome if any of them take your fancy. Bidding ends tomorrow evening (Sunday 16th). Good luck!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/graphite47/m.html?item=200861934016&pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item2ec44de1c0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...