NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

GRINDHOUSE!

Remember I mentioned that I was working on strips for a U.S. publisher? This is the comic. Alex de Campi's Grindhouse returns for a new 8 issue run next month, and I'm over the moon to announce that Alex commissioned me to produce single-page humour strips as back up funnies for some of the issues. 

Grindhouse: Drive In, Bleed Out is an eight issue series published by Dark Horse Comics which will feature four two-part stories across the run. No.1 features Slay Ride written by Alex de Campi and illustrated by R.M. Guéra. On her website, Alex describes says "It gets down to business really fast. This is a very brutal, uncomfortable, and spare / silent story"

...and on the back page will be my humour strip as part of the Li'l House of Grind concept that Alex came up with. My brief was for something like the old trashy grindhouse horror/exploitation movies. The result: Kung-Fu Cheesecake, with script, art, lettering by myself.

I've been commissioned to produce four single page complete strips for the comic, which will appear in issues 1,2,7 and 8. Brand new twisted characters for a mature readership. Kung-Fu Cheesecake is one of the weirdest characters I've created. I'm drawing the page for issue 2 this week which features another new comic-horror creation. Really enjoying this!

Grindhouse: Drive In, Bleed Out No.1 is scheduled for publication on Wednesday November 12th, priced $3.99. Available in comic stores in the USA and UK but to make sure of your copy, place an order today! Mature Readers rating.

To read a preview of Slay Ride, the main strip by Alex de Campi and R.M. Guera, see Comic Book Resources here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=24144

To visit Alex's website, where you can learn more about her great comics and see a finished preview of R.M. Guéra's striking cover for issue 1, click here:
http://www.alexdecampi.com/

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kung-Fu Cheesecake - looks great Lew, I love these type of strips will look out for this next month and give themain story a try

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Paul. The main strips are great! Over the top trashy horror stuff. My strips are in the same vein but with added daftness. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...