NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Blast from the past

Cover by Paul Ward.
Over on David Hathaway-Price's superb website of Classic Uk Comics Zines, he's recently uploaded the complete issue of No.3 of my old After Image fanzine from November 1979.

Looking back at it now, it's a bit of a creaky publication as fanzines were in those days, and my writing was littered with spelling mistakes and naive opinions about comics and life. I hope you'll be forgiving and appreciate that I was only 20 at the time. 

It features some superb artwork by Martin Forrest though, and Paul Ward did an excellent job illustrating my far too verbose War-Bot script. On the back page, there's the very first appearance of Brickman (or Brick-Person as I called him then). It also features a 1979 convention report I wrote (the first comics event I attended).

This was to be the final issue of After Image, although it doesn't say that in this issue. (A second printing did have amendments to make that clear.) 

Anyway, to see the full 'zine, go to this site and click on the link:
http://classicukcomicszines.weebly.com/after-image--metamorph--fantasy-express.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...