NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Blogs are for egotists

I said I'd never create a blog.

Blogs are for egotists I said. Blogs are written in the expectation that there's an audience. No more than a vanity project. After all; most of what appears in a blog could easily be written for a diary. And I've never kept a diary. Diaries are for wimps.

You'll never see a blog from me, I said.

A blogger thinks his opinions are so important that he's not going to tuck them away in a diary. He wants the world weird web, er, world wide web to read his thoughts. They're that important y'see! Or rather, he thinks they are.

Blogs are time consuming acts of selfish pride that are created by people with no active social life. Diatribes full of arrogant...

...erm...

ahem. It's easy to get sucked into this lark innit? ;-)

Then again.... it's only a bit of fun. And there was nowt on tv tonight anyway. ;-)

Here's what this blog won't be about:

Boring personal details, online self therapy, paranoid ego-drama, religious dogma, political rants and other self obsessed waffle.

What it will be about:

A place to present previews of my upcoming comic strips but more likely to showcase favourite comics I've read past and present, the comics industry, and suchlike. After all, I've got a couple of websites on which to blow my own trumpet so I'd like to use this blog to talk about comics in general. (After the obligatory self indulgent post titled "Who the hell do I think I am?" of course. Just to let people know Who the Hell I Think I Am. :))

Don't expect this blog to be updated every day. Maybe a flurry of posts at first and then when the novelty wears off perhaps once a week as time allows. Please leave comments if you wish! Thanks for visiting.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor blimey! E's only gorn an dunnit!

A blog from Lew. Who'd 'ave thought it, eh?

Good Luck with it mate and this ancient comics fan from the 60s hopes to comment from time to time.

Al

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Al! Your comments will always be welcome. I plan to dig through the archives and spotlight various comics here so hopefully you'll enjoy it! - Lew

Anonymous said...

Hello Lew it's me Malc just to wish you all the best with your Blog , send my best to all the Birmingham Group Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year

Mal

Anonymous said...

Stone the crows, just when you thought life couldn't get any weirder!

Best o' luck with the blog and a Merry Christmas.

Simon

Peter Gray said...

Lew its looking good....after reading the Wham cover one you should next talk about the firework issues...also look forward to you talking about your own work Tom Thug...Triffik comics Tough guy..etc..your knowledge of comics will be super for the blog...
Happy New Year..Peter

Lew Stringer said...

Peter Gray said:
"your knowledge of comics will be super for the blog..."

Thanks Peter. I've been plucking bits and bobs out of history this week but next week I hope to look to the future a little with previews of comics to come.

Lew

John Reppion said...

Hullo Lew, nice to read your blog, there are a lot of cool interesting things in that head of yours and it benefits the rest of us if you pop some of it here. thanks in advance! ;)

Leah

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Leah. By the way folks, to check out the work of two of comicdom's finest new writers, visit Leah and John's website at http://www.moorereppion.com/

Richard said...

Hi Lew,

Richard - ex employee of Nostalgia & Comics Birmingham here.
Nice to see you blogging along.
And I'm sure it wont be long before the egotist in you takes over!

Fictions

Lew Stringer said...

If I ever get egotistical, somebody stop me! :)

Lew

John Pitt said...

I said I'd never do it, either, but the bug got me in the end!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...