NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Own a Viz original


I've finally gotten around to sorting through some of my old artwork and I'm selling a few pages on eBay. Bidding ends this Sunday afternoon (July 4th).

There's a couple of Viz pages up there at present. One is a Suicidal Syd page from Viz No.118 (2002):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIZ-COMIC-ORIGINAL-ART-SUICIDAL-SYD-Lew-Stringer-/200488604330?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item2eae0d52aa

The other is a Billy Quizz page from issue No.106 (2001):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIZ-COMIC-ORIGINAL-ARTWORK-BILLY-QUIZZ-adult-humour-/200488600173?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item2eae0d426d

Both feature adult humour not suitable for children or the easily offended. However, if you're an open-minded adult with a healthy sense of satire and black comedy get bidding! :-)

Both pieces feature small signatures by me but I'll be happy to sign a dedication to the winning buyer if required.

"Happy bidding" as they say!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the sign of a biting recession when artists have to sell off their beloved originals.I hope things pick up for you soon Lew I really do.

Lew Stringer said...

I'm fine Anon. Very busy. I'm only selling the pages because I have so many of them and I thought readers might like some, that's all. I presume that's why most artists sell their old published pages?

Dave Mullen said...

I always wondered what happened to used art like this, I see comparatively little of it, but those pages you're selling are really really funny and would look great on anyone's wall.
Out of interest Lew are you one of those artists who draw the stuff and promptly forget about it after publishing or do you have a sentimental attachment to the finished piece?

Will certainly take a flutter methinks!

Lew Stringer said...

There are some pages I'd never part with Dave but I have 26 year's worth of artwork so I need to make some space. :)

Anonymous said...

They sold for over twice the starting bid.WOW!!Youre rich Lew.Lol.

Lew Stringer said...

Not so rich when a chunk of that will go to the taxman but even so it's a good sale.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I'm gutted i missed out on the auction! Let us know when you do another one Lew!

Andy

Lew Stringer said...

There's some more stuff up there now Andy. Another Viz page plus two Buster pages. Click on the link above and look at "See other items".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...