NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

It's VIZ day!

There are so many British comics around it's hard to keep track of them all! The other day when I listed the stack of UK comics that are arriving in newsagents this week I inadvertently forgot about one of the longest running titles! Yes, there's a new issue of Viz out today! The titan of the top shelf features a load of strips such as Suicidal Syd by Alex Collier, The Real Ale Tw*ts by Davey Jones, Captain Morgan and His Hammond Organ by Hunt Emerson, Wee Radge Joe by Tom Paterson, and much more. It comes free with a 28 page Letterbocks and Top Tips mini-book.

Viz No.252. 52 pages for £3.20. On sale now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lew it has been years since a new issue of Viz has been worth getting excited about. Christmas edition got read and off to the recycling as there was nothing in it I needed to chuckle over again.

Lew Stringer said...

Each to their own. I still think it's one of the best comics in the UK.

Unknown said...

I have to concur that (IMHO) the X-Mas edition wasn't great but VIZ still has some funny stips / text items that never fail to make me chuckle.

Anonymous said...

I still think Viz creates some great strips and I always buy the annual every year along with the Broons or Oor Wullie! The Real Ale Twats, Major Misunderstanding and the Drunken Bakers are quality!!!! Their biggest strength is that they have a keen eye for social observation which often gets overlooked but which is nevertheless represented in their own unique way.

Lew Stringer said...

Agreed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...