NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christmas is Coming!


My apologies for the scarcity of posts on this blog of late. I'm currently snowed under drawing strips for the Christmas comics. ("Snowed under" - geddit? Oh yeah, you did. Okay...)

I'm just finishing the inks to a double-length Christmas Team Toxic story for Toxic No.130 (see the slap-up feed above) and then it'll be straight onto drawing the festive Super School strip for the Christmas Beano.

Then it'll be on with a non-festive Brickman, plus Mini-Marvels, then.... what's that you ask? What's Super School? Find out in tomorrow's bright new-look Beano (No.3454, dated October 18th) where the first episode appears of a brand new series!

7 comments:

Peter Gray said...

Great you have finally got a regular comic page in The Beano and a imagnative one....also like the idea of new characters joining...next year..

The first one just wets my appetite..can't wait for the action to begin...was it your idea...as you are a Marvel fan..superhero fan..

I like strips like Johnny Bean and now yours has it is different to what we have seen before..

Look forwar to seeing you in 2010 Beano annual :))

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Peter. No, the idea was conceived by Alan Digby the editor. (He also writes the scripts.)

I won't be in the Beano Annual 2010 as those pages are already drawn well in advance. Hopefully the 2011 annual!

David said...

Nice one, Lew. Great to see a page in progress too. All the best with your future work.

Anonymous said...

I admire your artwork so so much what do u use to get such a good line with your pen?
Good luck with super school beano needs a strip like that.

Lew Stringer said...

Hi Julius, The first two Super School strips (drawn over a year ago) were inked with various nib-sized Faber-Castel and Rotring technical pens (something I've used for most of my career). More recently I've used dip-nibs, which take a while to master but give a more "traditional" line I think.

Anonymous said...

nice work thats one of the best comic drawings i have ever seen. Julius told me about you and i'm glad he did.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much really I read Toxic like every week I copy all your drawings theyre so good
Thanks again for the info it will be good to know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...