NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Tom Thug in pencil stage

  
The sale of some of my original artwork on eBay went well last weekend so I've put a few more pages up for auction this week if any of you are interested. You'll find them by clicking this link.

This time it's something more unusual, - three of my pages from Buster in the initial pencil stage, uninked, uncoloured, so you can see the basic construction of the strips.


These pages date from the late 1980s/early 1990s when I used to use a lightbox to ink the finished artwork on separate sheets of paper/board by tracing over these pencils.

The three pages are up for auction as one lot, containing two Tom Thug strips plus a Vampire Brats page. Bidding ends next Sunday, July 8th.


 

3 comments:

Rabsmith said...

You are a very good penciler Lew, going by these examples.

I cartoon a bit myself and the pencil stage is almost the most enjoyable---really creative and inventive. I love how you can often belt out such effective drawings in only a few seconds at the pencil stage.

The inking stage always 'loses' a lot I always find.

The inking always takes so much longer, and I've never had a lightbox but sometimes one would come in handy I must admit. [I find myself tracing odd bits up against a glass door even today--very clumsy and uncomfortable.


I appreciated seeing your pencil roughs.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Rab.

NP said...

Nice to see you legitimately selling your property- hope it goes to a good home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...