NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE celebrates issue 500

Doctor Who Magazine reaches its monumental 500th issue this week, with a bumper edition on sale Thursday 26th May. Here's the cover above, designed as a homage to that very first issue back in 1979 (below). It enters the Guinness Book of Records as the longest running magazine based on a TV show. 

The chunky 116 page 500th issue comes packaged with a 116 page anniversary special plus other extras in a shiny card envelope...

Contents of this mega-issue include an extra-length 20 page jam-session strip featuring brand new artwork by some of the various artists who have contributed to the mag over the years including Mike Collins, David Roach, and Dave Gibbons! 

Other strips include a full page for The Daft Dimension (by me) and the return of Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett on a new full page strip. Plus lots of features and interviews of course!

For more details, visit this website here:
http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/guinness-world-record-breaking-doctor-who-magazine-hits-500

This is a landmark achievement for both magazines and comics and I'm very proud to be a part of it. Be sure to pick up a copy of Doctor Who Magazine No.500 on Thursday! Priced £9.99. Here's the cover of the package to look out for...

4 comments:

paul Mcscotty said...

I remember picking up issue 1 of Dr Who (the only issue I bought not being a big fan of the character) way back in 1979 - I had no idea the mag was still running from that very issue to thi sday that is pretty impressive.

Lew Stringer said...

I plug the mag here every month, Paul. I thought you'd have been aware of it.

David said...

Got my issue yesterday. It's a lovely and very fitting tribute issue. I have to confess I've bought every issue since it started since 1979, so I'm aware of all the artists that have worked on it over the years on both the main and cartoon strip..

Your full page Daft Dimension strip is wonderful Lew. It had be laughing out loud.
Like many long term readers I regard the strips by Tim Quinn and Dicky Howett as the mark of quality that all other strips should strive to reach. With this strip you've certainly measured up to the best of their strips. Top quality. I'll be dropping DWM a line and suggesting they pay you for a full page every issue.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks, David!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...