NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, September 17, 2018

A choice of two Who

As revealed on The Times Ladies Twitter page (https://twitter.com/thetimeladies_) the next issue of Doctor Who Magazine gives the buyer a choice. You can have the Deluxe Edition, exclusive to WH Smith which comes in a card envelope (above) with a Souvenir Guide, Audio Adventures CD, poster, and art cards for £9.99 or the regular edition (below) with no extras (but still a great mag) for £5.99. The content of the magazine is identical in both options.

The magazine is packed with features including interviews with the stars of the new series and previews of the first few episodes. Oh, and there's another Daft Dimension strip by me featuring those Daft Daleks...

Doctor Who Magazine No.530 goes on sale on Thursday 20th September. This is a good jumping on point for new readers as the brand new series of Doctor Who starring Jodie Whittaker begins on Sunday 7th October. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the audios included?

Lew Stringer said...

It's a randomly chosen Big Finish CD so it could differ in each issue.

James Spiring said...

Well, I'd say that Big Finish CD easily justifies the extra £4 regardless of the other extras. That would definitely cost more than that to buy separately. It's a gamble for anyone who already collects them though due to the chance of getting a duplicate.

garylee said...

I wonder which version of the magazine subscribers will receive?

Lew Stringer said...

The standard one, I'd guess, as the other one is a WH Smith exclusive. I'll know in a few days becauseI'm on the comps list (but I always buy a spare anyway).

Peter Gray said...

I like the text font used for your daleks.

I'm sure you will have this in book form one day this very good strip..

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks, Peter. It's not a font though. I hand letter my Doctor Who strips straight onto the artwork, just as I do my Keyhole Kate strips for the Dandy Annuals and my Derek the Troll strip for GOOF! The old fashioned way! :)

All the other strips I currently work on are lettered with fonts after I send them to the editors.

Lew Stringer said...

The Dalek lettering is based on the style used in the Dalek Annuals and TV21 Dalek strips in the 1960s. It's become the way all Dalek lettering has been done since, so I decided to use it in my strips whenever I put the Daleks in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...