NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bellamy's Life of Churchill online

Just a brief blog tonight, but I wanted to bring to the attention of anyone who hasn't seen it yet that the classic 1957/58 Eagle strip The Happy Warrior is currently being featured online at the ComicsUK website. Illustrated by Frank Bellamy, this strip told the life story of Winston Churchill and is highly regarded by comic fans for Bellamy's superb artistry and luxurious colour work. These pages are some of the finest pieces of comic art to have appeared in British comics.

While you're over at the Comics UK site, check out the section called The Full Strip for some marvelous samples of old UK comic strips, including a fairly forgotten but bonkers favourite I used to read called New World For Old that ran in Jag weekly in 1968.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am researching this book right now because I have just put it up on Ebay a few days ago...I think the comic work is excellent! I don't know if It's good or bad that they are featuring it - hope it brings someone to my auction! Thanks and keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...