NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Mullock's auction reminder, and how to bid online


Remember last week when I told you about the upcoming auction of rare comics and other memorabilia at Mullock's auction next Tuesday morning, 29th April? Well, here's the nifty catalogue that you'll be able to buy on the day if you attend. The cover is by Mike Higgs and it's A5 size, with 88 glossy pages listing the many items in the auction that day. 


Even if you can't make it to the auction you can still bid online, in real-time bids with a live video and audio feed! All you need to do is visit www.thesaleroom.com and register to bid. 

If you can make it, here's the address:


  • The Clive Pavilion
  • Ludlow Racecourse
  • Bromfield Ludlow
  • Shropshire
  • SY8 2BT
  • United Kingdom

10.30am. Tuesday 29th April. 

1 comment:

George Shiers said...

I think one of the highlights of the catalogue is lot #79. Those sheets were probably the first comics in the world primarily aimed at children, and were definitely the first to be in Britain. I've been looking into them recently and I believe they were shipped over to Britain in 1880, and there were 60 in total. Other people give later dates but I believe it to be 1880.

It's good to see a collection of them for sale - I'd buy them if I could but £60 is more than I have in my pocket at the moment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...