NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Unseen Daleks!

As I covered in a blog post a few weeks ago, in 1997 Doctor Who Magazine ran a brand new six-part Daleks comic strip by John Lawrence and Ron Turner as a sequel to the strips that had appeared in TV21 in the 1960s. What I then learned, thanks to a comment left by John, was that he and Ron Turner had pitched another Dalek series after that but it had been turned down.

Thanks to John's generosity, he's sent me scans of the two unpublished pages of the new series that never was. Sadly, Ron Turner passed away in 1998 so these were the only two pages completed, but artist Lee Sullivan has stepped in to complete the six part story which will finally appear in Gareth Kavanagh's Doctor Who tribute magazine Vworp! Vworp! issue 3.  

Until then, here are the two unseen pages, written by John Lawrence, art by Ron Turner. Excellent stuff! (Thank you John.) Click the images to see them larger. The story continues in Vworp! Vworp! No.3, out soon! https://twitter.com/VworpVworpZine 

4 comments:

John Pitt said...

Thanks for posting these, Lew. I have waited so long to see these two pages lettered.

Lew Stringer said...

My pleasure, John.

Sorry for the delay in approving your comment for publication. I've been at the Lakes Comic Arts Festival and only just got back.

John Pitt said...

No worries, Lew. I gathered you'd be there. When I got the DW mag with these 2 pages in I tried to come up with a story to fit the art and mine wasn't a million miles away from John Lawrence's, although I didn't twig that they mistook the planet for Skaro.( Didn't it used to be Mars - like? )
Can't wait for Vwoorp, Vwoorp now!

Lew Stringer said...

I'll be plugging the third issue of Vworp! Vworp! here when it becomes available.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...