NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, June 10, 2016

Woomerang Boomerang! Look who's back!

If you're around my age you may remember a popular 1960s TV show for young children about Tingha and Tucker, two mischievous koala bears. Well, koala bear puppets anyway. (Sorry, did I just ruin the illusion? :)) Now, Network DVD have painstakingly put together a compilation DVD of the surviving footage in a Tingha and Tucker collection. You can find out all the details and how to order it from the Network DVD website at this link:
http://networkonair.com/shop/lang/2464-tingha-and-tucker.html

Network's Martin Cater, who edited the new one-off TV21 comic two years ago (see here) has produced a mock up TT21 cover (shown at the top of this post) as a bit of fun to relate to the fact that the merchandise rights to Tingha and Tucker belonged to Gerry Anderson's Century 21 company. The two bears appeared in a strip in Century 21's Candy comic in the sixties but wouldn't a TT21 comic have been great? 
http://networkonair.com/features/2016/06/10/tv21-tingha-and-tucker/


4 comments:

John Pitt said...

What a fitting homage! I remember them,Lew, but I preferred Pinky & Perky! And the Tingha & Tucker Club Song was one of the Century 21 mini albums too!

moonshadow said...

All these years and I would have sworn they were called Tinker & Tucker. Shows that I either did not pay much attention as a child or that I've grown int oa senile old bugger whose memory is playing him false.

paul Mcscotty said...

All I remember was a song called the "Wibly wobbly way" (and I used to like them)

Nutty Big D said...

Auntie Jean! Willie Wombat! Woomerang Boomerang!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...