NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, March 22, 2019

Are you ready for the COR!! BUSTER HUMOUR SPECIAL?

I've received my complimentary copies of The Cor!! Buster Humour Special and it's a fine publication I'm proud to be part of. Here's a sneak peel of the strip I've drawn for it (from a script by John Freeman), alongside the cover by Neil Googe. 
Loads of old characters are back in 52 pages of fun, rebooted for a modern audience by contemporary creators. As I was one of the regular contributors to the original Buster last Century I'm very pleased to be one of the "old timers" involved with this revamp. The other being the legendary Tom Paterson, whose four pages are worth the cover price alone!

The special will be in WH Smith and comic shops on April 17th, and I'll be posting more about it soon. In the meantime, you can pre-order the special (along with the other specials that Rebellion are publishing) at a discounted price here:
https://treasuryofbritishcomics.com/catalogue//B0011


4 comments:

Paul Mcscotty said...

Oh that looks fun I will be picking this up for sure. Nice to see the Swots and the Blots and was that Tierd Tim and Wear Willie as well if so that's a nice touch its nice to see theyre not forgotten. With my fan boy geeky head on I see Frankie Stein is noted as from Monster Fun and not Wham . Looks a lovely couple if pages lew well done.

Manic Man said...

They have kinda fixed Kid Kong (looks a bit more light flesh then light brown but better then grape ^_^

though.. is your scanner on the blink or is that bad alignment line on the printing? (check Frankies eyes and follow the line if you can't see it)

still, nothing much more to add ^_^

Lew Stringer said...

That's how the cover was that they sent me, Manic.

Don't worry, Paul, I made sure I mentioned Frankie started in Wham! in an extra feature I've written for the special. John Freeman wrote the script for the strip I drew, and as it's about a gathering of comic editors it's correct that Frankie is listed as belonging to Monster Fun.

Kevin Larkin said...

I can't wait for this!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...