NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Great news for fans of MISTY

With the agreement of copyright holders Egmont UK, Rebellion are to publish a collection of strips this September from the highly regarded Misty comic of the 1970s. 

Launched in 1978 as a weekly supernatural comic for girls, Misty ran for four years and found an audience with both sexes. Copies are very collectable today so this news is very welcome. The collection from Rebellion will collect two of the comics most popular serials, Moonchild and The Four Faces of Eve

The cover of the book re-uses a hauntingly stunning painting by the late Shirley Bellwood from the 1980 Misty Holiday Special, with a new logo designed by Sam Gretton.

To find out more about the book, see John Freeman's report on the Down the Tubes blog here:
http://downthetubes.net/?p=30928

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...and found an audience with both sexes" - I suppose that's because some boys had a sister like mine who read Misty. I recall the stories in Misty as being really enjoyable and the supernatural subject matter would have appealed to a lot of male readers if it hadn't been in a "girl's comic". But my sister also read Mandy and Judy and the stories in those were quite enjoyable too. I was a huge Marvel fan but I'm glad I had the opportunity to read comics that would have been totally off limits if I hadn't had a sister.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...