NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Coming next in 2000AD...

Here's a quick preview of a couple of pages from the next issue of 2000AD (Prog 2052) out this Wednesday!

UK & DIGITAL: 11th October 2017 £2.75
NORTH AMERICA: 11th October 2017 $7.99
DIAMOND CODE: AUG171917
COVER: MARK HARRISON

In this issue:
JUDGE DREDD: ICON by TC Eglinton (w) Colin MacNeil (a), Chris Blythe (c) Annie Parkhouse (l)

GREY AREA: HOMELAND SECURITY by Dan Abnett (w) Mark Harrison (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)
SLÁINE: ARCHON by Pat Mills (w) Simon Davis (a) Ellie De Ville (l)
INDIGO PRIME: A DYING ART by John Smith, Kek-W (w) Lee Carter (a) Simon Bowland (l)


SINISTER DEXTER: THE DEVIL & ALL HIS WHACKS by Dan Abnett (w) Jake Lynch (a) John Charles (c) Ellie De Ville (l)

Available in print from: UK newsagents and all good comic book stores via Diamond 

3 comments:

Double Vision Comics said...

Thanks for the update, Lew. I'm a keen reader of 2000AD still, and likely always will be as the quality keeps going through the roof in all aspects. Just out of interest, has it always been that people only rarely comment on your 2000AD updates? I would have thought as it's one of the very few non-nursery titles still going, there would be more interest on a site like this, but the only posts about the likes old Leo Baxendale strips and Valiant seems to elicit much interest from your readers.


I enjoy all of your content, but I wonder what it bodes for the future of UK comics if the readers of what I assume is the most frequented UK-focused comics blog have little interest in discussing our remaining published comics. Of course I can talk, being generally a lurker rather than a poster, and presumably the next generation of comics readers are on social media rather than blogs sites. Your thoughts?

Lew Stringer said...

I think most 2000AD fans tend to post on 2000AD's own forum if they have anything to say. As for comments in general, yes, they seem fewer than they used to be but that's probably a sign of the times. Most people seem to prefer to comment on Facebook or Twitter as it's easier.

Robert Carnegie said...

I said before - since these previews got me buying the magazine, I generally don't look at the previews, both to save the "thrill-power" from when I get the actual magazine, and to avoid getting confused about which one I'm going to buy - at the weekend, which usually means looking for the preview before last. (If I had mobile internet, I could look up here to check from W. H. Smith. Or from outside.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...