NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, September 09, 2019

Workin' Klass Super Hero by Glenn Fabry

I believe this was Glenn Fabry's first comic, self-published 40 years ago. I bought it in 1979 and I've put it up for auction this week on eBay. As it was a self-published 'zine sold via mail order and a few comic shops, the print run would have been limited, so this is quite a rare item! Still in very nice condition, and it could be YOURS next week. 

See my eBay page for more photos of the comic. All bids appreciated!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WORKIN-CLASS-SUPER-HERO-No-1-GLENN-FABRY-EARLY-COMIC-1979/202774460915


2 comments:

Robert Carnegie said...

As with the material from Comicon '79, I'm assuming that (1) the female character is ironic. And (2) most of the audience didn't notice.

Lew Stringer said...

It's a parody of one of Frazetta's Conan book covers. I'm sure most readers in 1979 would have understood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...