NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Wesite Update


If you'll forgive a blog about my own work for a change, I've been updating my new website over at lewstringer.com, adding a few scans of old artwork. The site is still under construction but it's the place I'll eventually move to, from the ad-laden lewcomix.tripod.com.

The additions on my new site include the first episodes of Combat Colin and, one I'd almost forgotten about, Macho Man!

Macho Man (seen above) was a superhero spoof strip I did for occasional issues of Marvel UK's Secret Wars comic whenever they had a half page to spare. I think I only did a dozen, maybe less, but it was fun to do. They were great days at Marvel UK and many of us still in the business today had some of our first work published there. In fact it's been 25 years this summer since The Daredevils No.7 published my first cartoon. Mike Collins also had his first work published in that title around the same time, and a couple of guys by the names of Alan Moore and Alan Davis were doing impressive work for the comic back then too.

I'll run a blog on The Daredevils at a later date....

4 comments:

Tim Perkins said...

Hi Lew,

I have just been on your new website and it looks great!!!

I've just added two links on the Wizards Keep website.

One under Comics Artists and one under Comics Writers.

I still have the old links to your old website up there. Will you be continuing with that one or abandoning it?

Best Wishes,
Tim...

PS: It's great to be back on the net at last after the 35 days left hanging. Hence all the contact - Kid in a sweet shop syndrome...
;))

Lew Stringer said...

Hi Tim,

I'll be keeping the old site in some form or other. There's loads of links over there for one thing, which would be easier to refer to on the old site than repost them all on my new one.

The old, Tripod, site isn't costing me anything so I may as well keep it up. The new one is more of a portfolio site I feel. Anyway, I'll see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lew! I remember that cartoon in Daredevils very well from my school days. Wasn't it in an Alan Moore review of small press - - "What if the Human Torch was real" - - and there was an electric torch interrogating someone or other. For some reason it completely stuck in my head and your name with it. Didn't Eddie Campbell's Dapper John get a review too? Blimey. It's all flooding back. That was the first comic that exposed me to the small press (and the might of Frank Miller in black and white.) If you need a scan, I may have it in my loft still - you never know...

Lew Stringer said...

Well remembered! The Human Torch one was the second or third one I did. The first was "What If Iron Man Lived Up To His Name" - with him as a steam iron with limbs.

Yes, Alan Moore used to review fanzines for The Daredevils. He was very supportive of the small press.

Must dig out those comics for a proper blog feature...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...