NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Thunderbirds Annual

Here's the cover to the Thunderbirds Are Go! Annual 2016, the first annual based on the new series. Of course, there's a possibility this might not be the finalized cover but it's the one doing the rounds on bookseller's promotions so it may be. 

The 64 page hardback will be published by D.C. Thomson's Parragon company and should be available next month. I'm not sure if it'll contain any strips but it will feature photos and profiles from the new series currently airing on CiTV at 8.00 a.m. Saturdays.

4 comments:

James Spiring said...

Keep an eye on Amazon. It doesn't have the cover up for this one, nor any of the Beano/Dandy ones. When it does, it may also have a preview of the first few pages. I suspect this annual will have similar content to that magazine they should be launching soon.

Lew Stringer said...

The annual will have been produced long before work started on the magazine so they won't necessarily be similar. I don't think the mag will be out for a while yet.

Diego Jourdan P. said...

I've been illustrating puzzles and whatnot for the upcoming mag, but they tell me the comics will be screen-captured straight from the cartoon.

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks Diego. That's the method I used when I was writing the photo strips for CiTV Tellytots magazine. Hopefully they'll do a similar thing and create new stories from a variety of screen grabs, as I did, rather than slavishly adapt episodes that kids will already have on DVD.

Congratulations on getting the gig on the activity pages by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...