NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Grab a COMIC BOOK HERO this September!

Here's the cover illustrated by David Sque for Comic Book Hero, Working with Britain's Picture-Strip Legends written by Barrie Tomlinson. It'll be published in September and will reveal the background stories to IPC comics such as Tiger, Speed, the new EagleScream, and more, told from Barrie's perspective as a senior editor on the comics back then. 

Books revealing the inside story of the comics industry are a must for aficionados of comics history and I'm sure this will be the perfect companion to Barrie's previous book Real Roy of the Rovers Stuff!

You can read more about the book on the Down the Tubes blog today:
http://downthetubes.net/?p=38101 

There's also more info on Comic Book Hero at the publisher's website here:
http://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/comic-book-hero

Barrie Tomlinson, David Sque and other guests will be appearing at Lancaster Comics Day on 11th June:
https://lancastercomicsday.wordpress.com

5 comments:

PhilEdBoyce said...

Really looking forward to this! I've been speaking to Barrie and he's told me about some of the less successful comics I loved and how they'll be in here too. So a definite purchase for me!

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, it sounds right up your street, Phil! I'll be buying it too. Although I was never a sports fan I really liked Tiger comic.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see a one-off strip by Barrie and David featuring all the cover stars! Kind of a "where are they now" story.. That is a superb cover by the way

John Kerry said...

And it probably won't be available in Canada.

Lew Stringer said...

I'm not sure if it will be, John, but you could always order a copy by post.

Spencer, I'm not sure who owns the rights to all those Tiger characters now. Roy of the Rovers is owned by Rebellion, but the others might be with Time Inc. so a team up might not be possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...