NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Preview: INFINITY No.6

Not a comic, but a magazine that will appeal to many of you, Infinity is a British mag that is dedicated to classic film and television (with occasional articles on comics). Here's an advance look at issue No.6, which spotlights The Prisoner TV series in this, its 50th anniversary year. (Cover art by Mark Maddox.) There'll also be many features on other items too, as you can see from the cover. 

You'll find Infinity in WH Smith and selected newsagents. (My local Smiths still insists it's a children's magazine and stocks it with the nursery comics, but most sensible branches will put it next to 2000AD, SFX, etc.)

Infinity No.6 will be out on Thursday 23rd November. The current issue (No.5) is still available in shops and this is the cover to look for...

If you're a fan of The Prisoner, this is the website for you:
https://www.theunmutual.co.uk

5 comments:

Cole Burden said...

Wasn't aware of this previously, but will have to find issue 5. Anything Captain Scarlet...

For me, the cover has a feel of a 70s Look-In.

Anonymous said...

I was a huge fan of the Planet Of The Apes TV show back in 1974 and I'd have loved that poster if it had been available at the time :)

But I haven't seen INFINITY on sale in my local Tesco - unfortunately we no longer have a WH Smith's.

Lew Stringer said...

Can't you travel to another town to get it, Colin? I often do that to buy stuff I can't get locally.

@MLPasterisk said...

I ordered mine online at http://www.newsstand.co.uk

It's a very enjoyable magazine but the regular digs at "political correctness" get a bit tiresome.

Lew Stringer said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. People who keep noticing "political correctness" in things often shows they're out of touch with reality, rather than reality itself being out of whack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...