NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Photos from Wythenshawe Comic Con

It was an honour to be one of the invited guests at the very first Wythenshawe Comic Con, which took place yesterday, 9th June 2018. A relatively small convention, but it attracted a lot of people despite competing with the glorious weather outside. Lots of families there, including several kids in Dennis the Menace style stripey tops! I really enjoyed the day, and the event had a nice atmosphere. Thanks to John Webster for the invite and for looking after us all. A good day and I hope there'll be more!

Here's a few photos...
The Beano's Nigel Parkinson!
Colin Mathieson of Accent UK comics.

Writer and editor Dan Whitehead.

Doctor Who storyboard artist Mike Collins.

Artist, writer, editor David Leach.

A happy customer!

'tis I.


More photos on the Wythenshawe Comic Con Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/wythenshawecomiccon

The organiser, John Webster, also runs the Wow! Comix comic shops. Check them out if you're up that way:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/wowcomixstockport/

4 comments:

PhilEdBoyce said...

Wonderful to see pig pal Dan Whitehead there too as a freelance writer, very talented individual who I had the delight to speak to for my blog last year. Is that Mike Collins the same one who worked on Transformers for Marvel UK? Really hope I'm able to make it next year!

Lew Stringer said...

Yep, the very same Mike Collins, Phil. He and I have both been working in comics for 35 years now. We've been mates for a scarily long time!

PhilEdBoyce said...

And here I am reading a Marvel weekly to this day containing work from both of you!

Lew Stringer said...

Much appreciated too, Phil. I never thought anyone would be reading my stuff 30 plus years later. I've never had long-term plans in this job, just took each day as it comes. (Pretty much how I deal with life really. :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...