NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, July 11, 2014

It's convention weekend!


It's the London Film and Comic Con this weekend at Earls Court and the event promises an impressive array of guests. Amongst the many names there you'll find Carrie Fisher, John Hurt, Bernard Cribbins, Jenna Coleman, Charlie Higson, Emma Vieceli, Jessica Martin, Mark Buckingham, Dave Gibbons, Steve Rude, David Hine, Mike Collins, Gail Simone, Bryan Talbot, Hunt Emerson, Chris Weston, and even the legendary Stan Lee!

If you drop by the Aces Weekly table (manned by mighty David Lloyd) you'll be able to take advantage of the subscription incentive of buying a unique hand-drawn sketch card which contains a secret code on the back. Type in that code at the Aces Weekly website and you'll have access to a full volume of the digital weekly to read on your PC, laptop or tablet. You can choose your card by various artists. Here are the 12 recent ones I drew the other day...



I'll have a table at the event but a reminder that I'm only going to be there on Saturday. If you're attending, please stop by my table for a chat and perhaps buy a sketch of whatever character of mine you'd like me to draw. I'll also be selling copies of my 2005 book Brickman Begins!  Here's a photo of me at last year's show, taken at a deliberately wonky angle by Debbie Tate. 



Hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...