NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Digital SPELLBOUND collection coming for Halloween

There have been rumours from D.C. Thomson's Heritage Comics department and now it's been revealed on Twitter that they're releasing a Spellbound digital book on 30th October! A mixture of classic and new stories. Info in the image below.
Spellbound was published by D.C. Thomson from 1976 to 1977, and I looked back at an issue the other day on a blog post here.

UPDATE: Looks like Spellbound may have encountered some gremlins. I'll post more news when it's available. 

7 comments:

Manic Man said...

mm.. and it just so happens to use part of the issue 8 cover you kinda 'reviewed' a few days ago ^_^

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, a pure coincidence I assure you. That was my favourite cover of the few for sale on eBay so I chose that one.
Obviously the editor of the new book liked that cover too!

Manic Man said...

^_^ yeah, I knew it was coincidence but I like them and it is a good image.

James Spiring said...

Well, the new cover is actually a composite of that one and another one, so I assume that art was picked because it depicts the characters in the two featured stories?

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, but there are other covers they could have chosen. It's a good image so they went with that one.

James Spiring said...

Looks like that Twitter account you linked to has been deleted - says it doesn't exist.

Lew Stringer said...

Yes, as I said, Spellbound has encountered some gremlins. The project is on hold for the moment but will hopefully be online again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...