NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, April 03, 2015

DWA regenerates

All-new first issue.
The issue of the junior Doctor Who comic Doctor Who Adventures that's in the shops now is the last one to be published by Immediate Media. In three week's time the mag relaunches with a new No.1 and a new publisher, - Panini UK.

As Panini UK are already the publishers of the longest-running Doctor Who publication, Doctor Who Magazine, it seems only right somehow that they've now been awarded the license to publish the junior title too.

Panini's new version of Doctor Who Adventures, edited by Jason Quinn, will completely regenerate the magazine, with a new design, new features, and new creators on the comic strip. John Freeman has an exclusive sneak peek of artist Russ Leach's strip pages over on the Down the Tubes blog here:
http://downthetubes.net/?p=20946   

The new Doctor Who Adventures No.1 is published on Thursday 23rd April at £3.99. 

1 comment:

John Pitt said...

I have EVEN bought a few of these as well, especially when they were Dalek-orientated.
I once saw a cardboard box full of them (over 100!) outside a charity shop @ 10p each and I kept walking back & forth, deliberating the whole lot! Luckily for me, I somehow managed to resist the temptation, as I don't know how I could have sneaked them in past the missus, as she wouldn't have been best pleased! Instead, I bragged out how well I did by not buying them! "I remembered I'd promised you I'd cut down, pet", I said! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...