NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Casey Court in 1947

I've a busy week ahead writing and drawing comics, so only time for a quick posting today. Let's journey back in time to see six consecutive Casey Court cartoons of the first months of 1947 from the back page of Chips. Excellent artwork by Albert Pease. Chips was a fortnightly comic at the time due to wartime paper restrictions still having an effect, so these appeared from early January to late March. Wonderful linework and creativity. Click on each one to see it full size.




4 comments:

Peter Gray said...

lots to enjoy thanks Lew...

Peter Gray said...

looked at them now
some great original gags which could be used today..
love the triple ice rink..
moving shopping customers...
big ears photo..useful for Plug of the Bash Street kids!!

Phil Rushton said...

I love Casey Court - especially by 'Charlie' Pease! There's a genuine slice of social history underpinning all the knockabout humour!

Lew Stringer said...

Agreed. I'm glad you like them, Phil. You too, Peter. Sadly the 1940s material isn't too popular on my blog but I'll continue to feature it from time to time as I think it's important to remind people of the history of UK comics from before they were born. I think it's unfortunate that some collectors are only fans of their own nostalgia. To me, discovering comics from before my time is like reading a new comic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...