NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hammer Glamour for Captain Kronos

Titan's upcoming Captain Kronos comic will feature special 'Hammer Glamour' variant covers showcasing Caroline Munro, whose long film career included the role of 'Carla' in the 1974 Captain Kronos movie. Caroline will be one of the guests at Preston Comic Con this Saturday (23rd September) so come along and meet her! (I'll be there too, but I'm nowhere near as glamourous.)

Titan's Captain Kronos monthly comic launches very soon. Here's the info for issue No.4, scheduled for December...

(W) Dan Abnett (A/CA) Tom Mandrake
In the depths of Eastern Europe, the legendary vampire hunter, Captain Kronos and his two assistants, Grost and Carla, are called upon to help rid a town of its vampire plague. 
However, beneath the surface of the beleaguered town a malevolent force far more evil and deadly is awakening and it might just be the match of Kronos...
In Shops: Dec 27, 2017

Here's the standard cover for that issue, by Tom Mandrake...

2 comments:

Robert Carnegie said...

Tom Mandrake's cover has an Alan Davis flavour to me, which I strongly approve of. But Google-ing for how Tom Mandrake looks to other people, I found him placed as an opposite pole of influence - specifically on early work by Ivan Reis - to Alan Davis. I wouldn't say I see that, but, if you can locate another artist in between them, I suppose that means there's room to spare...

Lew Stringer said...

I see what you mean about the similarity to Alan Davis on that cover image. Rougher style though, like Reis, as you said. Excellent artist anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...