NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Friday, December 15, 2017

More intrigue in Hex Loader No.2

The second issue of Hex Loader has been out for a few months now, so my apologies to creator Dan Whitehead for only just getting around to plugging it.

This issue continues to develop the intrigue in a captivating manner, with writer Dan Whitehead and artist Conor Boyle bringing us 27 pages of story. Dave, a computer wiz finds that Combat Wombat, a character he created for a game, has manifested itself in our world (although, as in Randall and Hopkirk Deceased, only Dave can initially see or hear him). This isn't family teatime viewing though, as practically every page drops the F-bomb, and the story itself has more depth than your average comic.

Published by Zebra Comics, it's a nicely produced comic and the story moves along well thanks to Dan Whitehead's believable dialogue and Conor Boyle's artwork. My only reservation is the same one I have with any serialised comic that only appears occasionally; the absence of a recap page or caption. I think most readers will have forgotten some plot points in the intervening months, so a resumé caption, perhaps on the credits page, would be a big help.

That said, Hex Loader is one of the best UK indie comics around these days, so give it your support. Order copies from the site at this link:
http://www.comicsy.co.uk/hexloader/store/products/category/comics/





2 comments:

Griff said...

Thanks for featuring this, Lew. I bought issue #1 at a comic con this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'll be ordering this. Posts like this are why I hope your blog never disappears!

Lew Stringer said...

Thanks, Griff. However, I don't intend doing this blog forever I'm afraid, and will be cutting back on posts in the new year. Reasons will be explained in a week or two.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...