NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all readers!


Found by the Dandy staff in a drawer in the office recently was the artwork for this fantastic piece by original Korky the Cat artist James Crichton. The year is unknown, but I'd guess it's the early 1950s or earlier. (If anyone knows for certain, please let me know.) It would have been used as a Christmas card for staff and freelancers.

Thanks to everyone for following the blog this year. I've been running Blimey! for four years now and I appreciate your feedback and the time you take to read my posts. I hope I've covered material that you're interested in! A very Merry Christmas to you all.



1 comment:

Tony Howson said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Lew. Your blog has been a constant joy and inspiration over the last two years and has helped me get through far too many late nights in the office - and maybe led to a lot of my wages subsequently getting spent on eBay.

Wasn't expecting anything new on Christmas Day - I was only on the Internet checking my reservations for the traditional slap-up feast - so it was a pleasant surprise seeing Korky and his mice yesterday morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...