NOTE: Blimey! is no longer being updated. Please visit http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com for the latest updates about my comics work.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Previews: COMMANDO Nos.5003 to 5006

Just in from Commando HQ, the latest info on the four issues of the comic that will be in newsagents this Thursday, 23rd March. Thomsons have sent a new look press release this time, in the form of a jpeg rather than a Word document, so you'll have to click on it to read it full size. On the positive front, it shows preview panels from each of the stories...

5003 Home of Heroes: American Eagles
Story – Steven Taylor
Art – Jaume Forns
Cover – Janek Matysiak

5004 Gold Collection: Trouble Squadron
Story – Boothby
Art – Auraleon
Cover – Ken Barr

5005 Action And Adventure: Urban Gunners
Story – Ferg Handley
Art – Manuel Benet
Cover – Manuel Benet

5006 Silver Collection: Go Down Fighting!
Story – Ian Clark
Art – Peter Foster
Cover – Jeff Bevan


5 comments:

SID said...

I wonder when/if they are going to do any more Convict Commandos stories?

Lew Stringer said...

No idea. I only receive the info for the issues a few days before they go on sale. I'm afraid I don't buy the comic myself (except for issue 5000) but I'm happy to help promote it.

Manic Man said...

It's a nice way to show the information (though image vs text means a few problems with search engines etc) but well. I don't buy it but I think there is a MAJOR bit of information now lacking from the press report.. the reprints.. a quick look or even a read would make you think all 4 stories are new. the old press releases did say when it was first printed (and to a less amount, other reprintings). I think removing that information might be a problem..

Lew Stringer said...

I think readers know that the 'Gold' and 'Silver' issues are the reprints, but it's a shame they no longer state when they were published or give the old issue numbers. I certainly don't have the time or the inclination to look it up so I'm afraid anyone who's interested will have to research it for themselves.

Manic Man said...

yeah. problem is, readers should know. but a press release isn't just for readers, but new readers. so I see it as a problem as it's not long as clear which two are the reprint ones from the press release (okay, it's easy to just go from the main release and check the title with the cover previews, but that is again, a bit of extra work which they are asking potential and causal readers to do.

I guess this is probably only a problem as I think it just means a causal reader (as I doubt new readers are that bothered) have a bit of a harder time knowing if it's one they have read or got.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...